About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Kate and this blog is all about my adventures of happy living. By that I mean crochet, chickens and cooking. Here's to the good life - and being a good wife! xxx

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Jubilee and Trifle

What an amazing weekend. We have enjoyed it with family and done some lovely things. Sunday was spent dodging the rain at my in laws house. We watched the pageant and enjoyed roast beef.


Yesterday we went to my parents and luckily had a BBQ as the weather held out. More about that later (see Pimms and monopoly)!


I took round desert. I wanted to make something British and quirky. I decided on a Eaton Mess trifle.


Sherry Trifle at the bottom and Eaton mess at the top. What do you think? Jubilicious!!!!!!


It tasted gooooooood!

  • If you want a go its easy! Put 8 trifle fingers on the bottom and soak in a good glug of Sherry.
  • Layer some fruit (it can literally be anything! Tinned or fresh). I went for fresh strawberries and blueberries and frozen raspberries to keep with my red white a blue theme!
  • Then a good serving of custard.
  • Put in the fridge to set a bit.
  • Then for the Eaton mess! Whip up loads of cream and crumble in meringue and chopped up strawberries. Layer over the custard.
  • Then layer on some more freshly whipped cream (the top!) and decorate. I've obviously gone with the union jack theme. But almonds, pretties, chocolate etc are all great. Basically anything goes.
And I had scraps!


The chickens enjoyed their share of the celebratory pud!


 My mother in law gave me this coin to mark the occasion. I'll keep it safe!


I also managed to finish some crowns (the Scottie dogs are ready to be sewn up - can't wait to share!).


Much of this has been consumed over the past few days ....... delicish!


And last night was concluded with a family game of monopoly with the Jubilee Concert in the background.

Guess who I was!!!


And guess who won!?


Oh yes!!!! I won!!!!!!!!! No wonder I came back thinking I had such a good time!!!!

Hope your all having an equally great time.

Love Kate xxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. What a yummy UJ you`ve got there, Kate! Love your Monopoly`s Scottie Dog. Your chickens are beautiful :o) Lovely crowns and birds on the shelves too. Glad you had such a great time! Making BBQ and winning the monopoly is so uplifting, isn`t it? :o)
    Have a sweet week
    love
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been a super Jubilee weekend. I'm very happy with all the celebrations and level of support - it feels like lots of the country has joined in and there's a real buzz.

    PS:I recommend you get Blog Lovin button on your blog; it's easier for WP bloggers to follow Blogger peeps ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous looking trifle Kate! Ooh I do love a Pimms too! Your little crowns look gorgeous! Enjoy the rest of the day!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That trifle looks delicious and Pimms is perfect to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trifle looks so lovely and I bet it was delicious too. Well done on winning on Monopoly. I never do. But have lots of fun anyway. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea to put eaton mess on top, I love both so the perfect dessert. The weather certainly has been a spoiler this last 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trifle looks awesome! And the pimms is making me thirsty.. Looks like you had a great party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm...Trifle and Pimms. Yummy post!
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your blog. I happened on it quite by accident today but it is a delight to read. I have found I gravitate to English and Australian blogs which is strange given I live in the U. S. but doesn't matter. I love the photos and the countryside and all the hooky, crafty things you do. I'm looking forward to reading your blog and see all the neat things you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just had a lovely time catching up with all your posts. Beautiful trifle!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post, thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kate! I found your blog via the lovely Paula's at Sweet Rose Vintage Cottage, and I'm so glad I did! What a wonderful corner of the universe it is! It looks like you have had a truly festive Jubilee! The Eton Mess Trifle looks absolutely fabulous...feeling slightly hungry now! We also enjoyed the weekend and the jolliness of the Jubilee. I am so looking forward to following your lovely blog, and to see all you get up to! Blessings, Tania ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I always read them and will be sure to check out your blog. Kate x